Erik ten Hag defends David De Gea over Man City's FA Cup final winner

Erik ten Hag defends David De Gea over Man City's FA Cup fin…

Jacki 0 7 2023.06.04 13:18
defended after the in conceding the winning goal in the final defeat, insisting that ‘we win together and we lose together.'
But quizzed on De Gea's apparent discomfort on paying out from the back, a key component if ten Hag's game, the United manager commented: ‘Say it like this, we are in the right directions but there are issues in the game that we have to improve if we want to make the next step and win trophies.'
 but it is widely expected that United will attempt to sign a No.2 keeper more at home with ten Hag's style, even if it doesn't appear to be a central part of United's summer plan.

The 32-year-old's role in both of Man City's goals in the final came under the spotlight, particularly the second, as he appeared slow to react to Ilkay Gundogan's effort.
Roy Keane was among the most vocal over De Gea's role in the goal, with the former United captain insisting the club need to target a replacement in the summer window as well as a new striker.
Man United boss Erik ten Hag, right, defended David de Gea from criticism for Man City's goal
De Gea was criticised for go his slow reactions to Ilkay Gundogan's winning goal at Wembley
Ten Hag warned he will fight for the transfers needed as the Glazers drag out takeover talks
'United have got to get a new goalkeeper,' Keane said on ITV. 'They need a world class striker and a new goalkeeper.
'They need some other players and some strength in depth but they need a new goalkeeper and a world class striker. I'm sick of saying it.
‘That's the thing with top goalkeepers, they get you over the line in certain games and could have been the difference today.
'You expect your keeper to save that and he didn't and that's why we're seeing these celebrations. For Man United, they need a world class goalkeeper and he isn't'.
Asked whether his team were , ten Hag said: ‘I wouldn't mention unprofessional but as team we didn't do the jobs we have to do and if we want to win trophies, details in big games make the difference. It's hard to accept.'
Ten Hag also warned the club that he will , with the Glazer family dragging out takeover negotiations with Jim Ratcliffe and Sheikh Jassim, the two parties battling for control.
‘I have only own plan that is to improve his team that I will fight for those ideas and tell the club what we have to do for that. I have to work to be better next season. It's not about better players but working day by day to develop and progress the team.
‘We can be very proud of where we came from at the start if this season. Remember Brentford? [0-4] Remember also the Etihad? [3-6]. We showed today that the home win against Manchester City was not a coincidence and maybe on another day we could have won this game. But we have to work, the manager staff and players.'

Comments

(031)365-5753~4

M.P : 010-8522-1783
월-금 : 9:30 ~ 17:30, 토/일/공휴일 휴무
런치타임 : 12:30 ~ 13:30
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand